Mao the unknown story is a 2005 biography of chinese communist leader mao zedong 1893 1976 written by the wife and husband team of writer jung chang and historian jon halliday who depict mao as being responsible for more deaths in peacetime than adolf hitler or joseph stalin. This paragraph from an ny times review convinced me to read jung chang and jon hallidays biography of mao next the authors assert for example that he was not in fact a founding member of the chinese communist party as is widely believed and that the party was founded in 1920 rather than 19. Jung chang and jon halliday have revealed mao as one of the 20th centurys greatest monsters says michael yahuda. Mao the unknown story by jung chang and jon halliday illustrated 814 pp alfred a knopf 35 if chairman mao had been truly prescient he would have located a little girl in sichuan province
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.