Hippopotamus definition is any of a family hippopotamidae of very large four toed chiefly aquatic herbivorous artiodactyl mammals having a very large head and mouth nearly hairless thick grayish skin long lower canine teeth and relatively short legs and including two living species. Introduction to hippopotamuses the hippo short for hippopotamus is a very unique looking creature the name of these animals comes from the greek language and means river horse. Hippopotamus hippopotamus amphibius also called hippo or water horse amphibious african ungulate mammaloften considered to be the second largest land animal after the elephant the hippopotamus is comparable in size and weight to the white rhinoceros ceratotherium simum and the indian rhinoceros rhinoceros unicornis
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.