One argues that the old english word for deer hart means that hartland in the maine woods signifies land of the deer another is that the community is located in the heart of the hills first settled about 1800 by james fuller the community had a tavern by 1811 later known as the hartland house. History of hartland maine from a gazetteer of the state of maine by geo j varney published by b b russell 57 cornhill boston 1886 hartland is situated in the south eastern part of somerset county st albans and palmyra bound it on the east harmony on the north pittsfield and canaan on the south and cornville on the west. View all hartland historical societys items on maine memory network the hartland historical society has 88 members the society collects a wide variety of town artifacts and memorabilia
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.